Just got back yesterday from my short vacation and things will start to return to normal again.
Despite the awful weather on one of my days away, where things really got wet and muddy, a pair of rubber boots, quite some beers and lot’s of great concerts, it was no problem really. Just happy I’ve been around enough times to know what to look for in a good camping spot far away from places like these:
Anyway, I got some new energy, found some new inspiration and got a few new ideas going for coming projects. And of course, listened to tons of great music. Lot’s of great acts in a few days, so we had a hectic schedule to find the time to see all those band we wanted to see, a few had to be missed, but still, I got to see this lovely bunch of bands these few days.
- Wednesday (Warm-Up): Detektivbyrån
- Thursday: Arcade Fire, LCD Soundsystem, Speaker Bite Me, Björk (some), Jeans Team
- Friday: Camera Obscura, The Sounds, Trost, Roky Erickson & The Explosives (some), Beastie Boys, Masher Shalal Hash Baz, Queens of the Stone Age, CSS, Booka Shade, Peter Bjorn and John, Nephew, The Brian Jonestown Massacre
- Saturday: Taxi Taxi!, Holly Golightly, The Whitest Boy Alive, The Who (some), 120 Days, Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Sunday: The Lionheart Brothers, Beirut, The Ark, Tunng, Arctic Monkeys, Timbuktu & Damn!, Basement Jaxx
Anyway, a few great days, great music, great drinking and so on! I wouldn’t have missed it for the world.
And I got the opportunity to experiment and explore my latest camera a little bit better and I took about 3 gigabyte of photos, so time to start organizing and developing them in Adobe LightRoom. It’s pretty seldom I end up on photos myself, but I thought for once I’d post a photo of me from the Lounge Area when Taxi Taxi! was playing their beautiful music there. Just a tiiiny hint of a worn-out look, it’s from the fifth day living in a tent surrounded by rain and mud.
Oh well, time for me to get back in my real world again of 3D, animations, editing and everything else I do the rest of the year. But strengthened with new views, inspiration, ideas and energy since the last week.
I’ll drop a new on-topic post tomorrow!