The JS Turntable Viewer is a flash based application, suitable to embed rendered image sequences with turntables of 3D models or 3D sculpts on web pages. The Viewer can handle both a single turntable or a gallery of turntables.
- Loads rendered jpg/png/gif image sequences.
- Loads AS3 compiled SWF files as containers for image sequences.
- Built in gallery to select between several turntables.
- Create custom themes for the interface of the viewer.
All documentation of how to use the Turntable Viewer is included in the download archive. Documentation.htm contains all available configuration settings you can use to customize the viewer, using image sequences and how to setup a XML file for a gallery of turntable clips.
In the example folder I’ve included example.htm together with a few turntable clips that showcases four different implementations of the viewer embedded in one page. Take a look at that file to see how to apply the information contained in the Documentation.htm in the different scenarios.
The viewer allows you to change the colors of the interface through the configuration settings, if you want to customize it further, take a look in the theme folder in the archive. There you’ll find a template theme flash document which you can use as a starting point to completely design your own look for the viewer, using your own graphics.
Available downloads for the Turntable Viewer.
JS Turntable Viewer is released as an open source project under the new BSD License.
The project is hosted on GitHub where the repository can be browsed or forked.
Or use git to clone the repository with complete history:
git clone git://github.com/artstorm/turntableviewer.git
I’m very interested in your contributions… What else deserves to be in this viewer? How can it be improved? Coders, feel free to fork the repository, make any updates and then send me a pull request. Non-coders, submit a request in the issue tracker.
There is no official support, but if you run into any problems, bugs or have feature requests you can file a report in the appropriate section in the official trackers for the project.
The development history of the Turntable Viewer.
Version 2.1 – 9 Mar 2010
- Updated the examples to use swfobject v2.2.
- Updated the examples to use swfobject’s dynamic publishing method instead of static publishing.
- Note: As this was an update to include an easier way to embed the viewer, the version when right clicking the viewer still says v2.0.
Version 2.0 – 21 Sep 2009
- Rewrote the entire application architecture from scratch to be fully object oriented for easier additions of new features.
- Implemented a loader for jpg/png/gif image sequences.
- Implemented a theme option to create a custom theme for the viewer.
- Updated the default theme.
- Added different stretching modes for the turntable clip when it differs from the viewer size.
- Implemented an error handling system, which should be helpful when configuring the viewer for the first time.
- Changed the config format for the XML/FlashVars settings.
- Changed the gallery XML format when creating a gallery of turntable clips.
- Changed the loading behavior to progressively display the turntable while buffering.
- Changed the license agreement, which now allows it to be used commercially.
Version 1.1 – 18 Aug 2009
- First public release.
- Implemented a config class to be able to customize the colors for the turntable controller in an external XML file.
Version 1.0 – 13 Jan 2009
- Internal release for artstorm.net.